The moon in Leo is the perfect time to focus on matters of self expression, leadership, creativity, and positivity – and here is a little concoction to help! Aligned to the energies of both the moon and the sign of Leo, this cocktail & mocktail duo is packed with juicy, herbal energetic potency for purification, love, success, and healing. Depending on the syrup you decide to add, you can add in extra abundance, power, & creativity or extra lunar psychic power & channeled creativity.
Leo Le’Moon & Berry Gimlet
- 2 medium-large blackberries
- 1 sprig rosemary (optional)
- 1/2 ounce syrup
- 3/4-1 ounce lemon
- 1.5 ounces gin
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/4-1/2 ounce ginger liqueur, or a thin ginger slice (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, add blackberry, rosemary, and syrup of your choice. Muddle these ingredients briefly, visualizing any old and stagnant energy being muddled away while your solar plexus chakra grows brighter with power. Add in lemon juice, gin, and recommended addition of nutmeg, and optional ginger liqueur for added success and power. Add ice, shake and strain into a coupe glass. Adorn with rosemary sprig, and perhaps a dried marigold flower for extra Leo vibes
Leo Le’Moon Mocktail
- 4 medium-large blackberries
- 2 ginger coin slice
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 ounce syrup
- 1.5 ounces lemon
- 1 ounce soda water (optional, add to taste)
- Add all ingredients minus soda water to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake firmly, to ensure ginger break down to merge flavors. Strain into glass over ice and add soda water to taste. Garnish with a blackberry and rosemary sprig.
Here are the ingredients used, their magical properties, along with their alignment as it pertains to this cocktail (they have many more astrological associations than listed!).
Blackberry (Moon, Venus, Water) – Healing, Money, Protection, Abundance, Love
Ginger (Mars, Fire) – Love, Money, Success, Power
Juniper (Sun, Fire, Earth, Water, Mars, Mercury, Moon) – Protection, Exorcism, Grounding, Psychic Enhancement, Healing, Love
Lemon (Moon, Water) – Longevity, Purification, Love, Friendship
Nutmeg (Jupiter, Fire, Moon, Leo) – Luck, Money, Health, Fidelity
Rosemary (Sun, Fire, Mercury, Moon, Leo) – Protection, Love & Lust, Mental Powers, Purification, Healing, Sleep, Youth
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen. Llewellyn Publications, 1990.
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Llewellyn Publications, 1985.
Kynes, Sandra. Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences: A Comprehensive Cross-Referenced Resource for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn, 2013.
Kynes, Sandra. Plant Magic: A Year of Green Wisdom for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn Publications, 2017.
Morrison, Dorothy. Everyday Moon Magic: Spells & Rituals for Abundant Living. Llewellyn Publications, 2009.
Regan, Gary. The Bartender’s Bible: 1001 Mixed Drinks and Everything You Need to Know to Set up Your Bar. HarperCollins, 1991.
Disclosure: In order to support in my work bringing you this information each week, on occasion I may earn a small commission from endorsements, recommendations, or links to any products from this website. These are links to actual products and resources I use and suggest.
Disclaimer: The content on this website is intended for fun and informational purposes only. It is not intended as, nor should it be, considered a substitute for professional medical advice, suggestions, diagnosis, or treatment of any kind. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this website is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgement. You assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions.