Luscious Leo Daiquiri
Imbibe the luscious Leo energies of the season with this juicy, lavish raspberry, lavender daiquiri. A sign of leadership, recognition, and positivity, Leo invites us to tune into our heart centers and express ourselves with love, creativity and vibrancy. With lavender and lime to soothe the mind, and raspberry and saffron to inspire true Leo resilience, love and happiness, this luscious libation is packed with Leo energy to inspire you this season.
Additionally, I have a cocktail called The Triumphant Lion for Leo Strength, Wisdom & Success in my upcoming book WitchCraft Cocktails, available for Order Now!
- 3-4 small raspberries
- 3/4-1 ounce syrup (lavender-raspberry syrup below, or a simple syrup)
- 1 ounce lime
- 3 dashes lavender bitters (optional if using lavender syrup)
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- 1.5 ounces spiced rum
- In a cocktail shaker, add all ingredients and ice. Shake the cocktail, visualizing the stimulating energy of Leo awakening within the cocktail. Focus on the Strength Tarot card or the image of a lion to help you attune to this energy. Double strain into a coupe glass, and adorn with a raspberry for a savory snack and a lime peel for added cleansing and love.
Luscious Leo (Non-Alcoholic)
- 3-4 small raspberries
- 3/4 ounce lavender-raspberry syrup (or plain ol' simple syrup will do)
- 1 ounce lemon
- 1/2 ounce orange juice
- 1.5-2 ounces ginger beer
- In a glass, add raspberries and syrup of choice (the one below or plain simple syrup). Muddle the raspberries, then add in lemon and orange juice. You may wish to strain the drink at this point, or you can leave as is! Add in ice and top with ginger beer. Garnish with a raspberry for a yummy garnish & snack!
Syrup making can be simple! For a straight forward cocktail syrup, mix 1/2 cup hot water with 1/2 cup sugar and let cool. However, if you want added energy and have the tools around, try making this lavender-raspberry cocktail syrup. Lavender is known to calm the mind for relaxation, but it is also associated with love. Raspberry is a lovely choice for luscious love, happiness, and protection. With the addition of strengthening, empowering saffron and vibrancy orange, this cocktail syrup will have you claiming confidence and ease like a radiant lion resting on his perch.
Luscious Leo Raspberry-Lavender Syrup
- 1 raspberry tea bag
- 1-2 threads saffron
- 1 small orange peel (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp lavender
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Set water to boil (I usually use an electric tea kettle – reminiscent of my "on the fly" bartender days). In a mason jar, prepare your tea bag, saffron, orange peel, and lavender. Spend a moment breathing in the luscious scents of these ingredients, connect to the knowledge they are pack with potency for happiness, self-love, and calm. Pour boiling water over them. Let steep for 5 minute, then add sugar. Stir and let cool. Strain before use, should be good for around 2-3 weeks use.
Lavender (Mercury, Air) – Happiness, Peace, Love, Purification, Sleep, Longevity, Protection
Lime (Sun, Fire) – Healing, Love, Protection, Hex-Breaking
Orange (Sun, Fire) – Love, Divination, Luck, Money, Beauty, Purification, Wellness
Raspberry (Venus, Water) – Happiness, Love, Protection
Saffron (Sun, Fire) – Love & Lust, Healing, Happiness, Strength, Psychic Powers
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen. Llewellyn Publications, 1990.
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Llewellyn Publications, 1985.
Kynes, Sandra. Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences: A Comprehensive Cross-Referenced Resource for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn, 2013.
Kynes, Sandra. Plant Magic: A Year of Green Wisdom for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn Publications, 2017.
Morrison, Dorothy. Everyday Moon Magic: Spells & Rituals for Abundant Living. Llewellyn Publications, 2009.
Regan, Gary. The Bartender’s Bible: 1001 Mixed Drinks and Everything You Need to Know to Set up Your Bar. HarperCollins, 1991.
Disclosure: In order to support in my work bringing you this information each week, on occasion I may earn a small commission from endorsements, recommendations, or links to any products from this website. These are links to actual products and resources I use and suggest.
Disclaimer: The content on this website is intended for fun and informational purposes only. It is not intended as, nor should it be, considered a substitute for professional medical advice, suggestions, diagnosis, or treatment of any kind. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this website is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgement. You assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions.