Looking to sip away the eclipse energy? I’ve just the Bees Knees cocktail with clove, rosewater, and ginger to refresh your body, mind, and spirit during this Sagittarius lunar eclipse.
Energetic Alignment: Spirituality, Healing, Love, Protection, Purification, Wisdom, Divination
Cleanse away the chaos of the eclipse and align to the spiritual energies of the Sagittarius Moon with this crisp, refreshing, and spiced bees knees variation. Aligned to the Sun, Moon, and sign of Sagittarius, this clove and honey gin concoction will help you call down this astrological event for purification and wisdom. Utilizing the magic of juniper-based gin for psychic connection, healing, and grounding, along with purifying rosemary, invigorating ginger, spices like nutmeg to help heighten spiritual energies, this bees knees variation is the ideal for a crisp cocktail for cleansing and spiritual alignment for this eclipse.
Juniper & Jupiter
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 thin slice ginger
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground clove
- 3/4 ounce honey simple syrup (1:1 parts honey to hot water)
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 4+ drops rosewater
- 1.5 ounces gin
- In a cocktail shaker, place ginger, rosemary, spices and honey syrup. Muddle them together, breaking apart the ginger, feeling any personal barriers falling away as you do. Then add gin, lemon, rosewater, and if you wish – allspice liqueur. Add ice, shake and strain into a coupe glass, and express and adron with lemon peel.
Magical correspondences of ingredients, as they align to this lunar energy.
- Clove (Jupiter, Sun, Sag) – Comfort, Cleansing, Love/Sex, Money/Riches, Protection, Vibration Raising, Spirituality, Stop Gossip
- Honey (Sun) – Purification, Health, Love, Sex, Happiness, Spirituality, Wisdom, Weight Loss
- Juniper (Sun, Fire, Earth, Water, Mars, Mercury, Moon) – Protection, Purification, Grounding, Psychic Abilities, Healing, Love
- Ginger (Mars, Sag, Fire) – Love, Money, Success, Power
- Lemon (Moon, Water) – Longevity, Purification, Love, Friendship, Joy
- Nutmeg (Jupiter, Sag, Moon) – Luck, Money, Health, Fidelity
- Rose (Venus, Water) – Love, Psychic Powers, Healing, Love, Divination, Luck, Protection
- Rosemary (Sun, Mercury, Moon, Sag) – Protection, Love, Lust, Mental Powers, Purification, Healing, Sleep, Youth
Here are the resources I used to help guide my work beyond what I already know! I highly recommend these reference tests 🙂
Disclaimer: In order to support in my work bringing you this information each week, on occasion I may earn a small commission from endorsements, recommendations, or links to any products from this website. These are links to actual products and resources I use and suggest.
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen. Llewellyn Publications, 1990.
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Llewellyn Publications, 1985.
- Kynes, Sandra. Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences: A Comprehensive Cross-Referenced Resource for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn, 2013.
Disclaimer: The content on this website is intended for fun and informational purposes only. It is not intended as, nor should it be, considered a substitute for professional medical advice, suggestions, diagnosis, or treatment of any kind. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this website is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgement. You assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions.