Champagne Julep for Aquarius Full Moon
Imbibe the energy and messages of this full moon with a lovely Champagne Julep. Packed with the sage, mint, and rosemary Aquarian Moon herbs, this lite and elevating concoction is inspired to help you attune to your individuality, to help liberate your mind and body from old ties. With bourbon as the base to ground the cocktails energy and help you change repeating patterns, hex-breaking lime to cleanse the old, and bubbly white wine to attune you to your soul luminosity and individuality, this cocktail is a perfect compliment to your Aquarius Full Moon work.
This post contains Amazon, Etsy, & Drizly affiliate links. As an Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting me and my blog!
For Simple Sipping:
Cocktail making can be easy! Just swap ingredients or remove as you see fit. Use the material here & the ingredient reference list towards the bottom to help guide you in your own unique concoction, and get creative in swapping ingredients you may not have.
Aquarius Champagne Julep
- 3 leaves Culinary Sage
- 7 leaves Mint
- 1 small sprig Rosemary
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup (1:1 sugar to hot water)
- 1/4 ounce Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 drops Angostura Bitters
- 3/4 ounce Bourbon
- 1/4 ounce Anisette or Iris Liqueur (optional)
- 2 ounces Prosecco
- 1 star Anise (for garnish)
- 1 sprig Sage Leaves (for garnish)
- In your shaker, add sage, rosemary, mint, and syrup.
- Muddle these ingredients, thinking of their purifying, protecting, and wisdom/clarity inducing energies that will help you break free from relationships and situations that no longer serve you, under the guidance of the Aquarius Full Moon. In fact, you can imagine the muddler stamping out these old cycles and connections.
- Add in the bourbon and reflect on the patterns, systems, or ties you are getting rid of.
- Then squeeze hex-breaking lime juice into the shaker, visualizing the juice cleansing these old ties away.
- Add in bitters and then optional iris or anise liqueur for wisdom & purification, and further connection to your path & true self. Add ice and shake!
- Double strain over crushed ice – or normal ice cubes if that’s all you have!
- Pour champagne or sparkling white wine atop the drink, connecting to the fact that this white wine is made with grape skins removed, to get to the spirit inside – similar to the outward bonds you are releasing to connect to your true unique individual path.
- Stir & add sage and anise star garnish.
Here are some crystals/stones I recommend for further utilizing the energy of the Aquarius Full Moon. To layer on the energetic & magical frequencies, you can meditate with your given crystal beforehand, keep it on you as make and/or sip the drink, as well as attune the crystal to the drink by visualizing both the drink and crystal resonating together with your intention, as you hold the crystal against the outside of the glass. (Don’t put your crystal in any of the cocktail components unless you know for sure it is not toxic). Here are their energies (as it relates to the full moon).
Amazonite – recognizing & honoring ones personal truth, communicating & creating boundaries, moving beyond fears that hold one back, such as confrontation
Barite – connection to one’s higher self, clear old or genetic patterns, or attachments that no longer serve you, to realign yourself to a new vibration, releasing fear
Chrysoprase – understanding the reasons behind repeating emotional patterns, releasing attachment to fear, belief systems, and outcomes that keep you stuck
Hematite – inspires balance & strength through adversity, manifestation through grounding or centering
Magical Associations Reference List
Anise (Jupiter, Air, Aquarius) – Purification, Protection, Youth, Clarity, Psychic Abilities, Spirit
Bourbon – Grounding/Centering, Karmic Patterns, Ancestry, Harvest, Protection, Abundance, Life/Rebirth Cycles
Champagne – Spirit, Psychic Abilities, Pathworking, Spiritual Elevation
Garden Sage (Jupiter, Air, Aquarius) – Longevity, Wisdom, Protection, Wishes, Focus, Health, Purification, Spirit
Iris (Venus, Moon, Water, Aquarius) – Purification, Wisdom
Lime (Sun, Fire) – Healing, Love, Protection, Hex-Breaking
Peppermint/Mint – (Air, Mercury, Aquarius) – Mental abilities, Abundance, Divination, Psychic, Love, Protection, Calming
Rosemary – (Sun, Fire, Mercury, Moon, Aquarius) – Protection, love, lust, mental powers, exorcism, purification, healing, sleep, youth
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen. Llewellyn Publications, 1990.
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Llewellyn Publications, 1985.
Kynes, Sandra. Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences: A Comprehensive Cross-Referenced Resource for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn, 2013.
Kynes, Sandra. Plant Magic: A Year of Green Wisdom for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn Publications, 2017.
Morrison, Dorothy. Everyday Moon Magic: Spells & Rituals for Abundant Living. Llewellyn Publications, 2009.
Disclosure: In order to support in my work bringing you this information each week, on occasion I may earn a small commission from endorsements, recommendations, or links to any products from this website. These are links to actual products and resources I use and suggest.
Disclaimer: The content on this website is intended for fun and informational purposes only. It is not intended as, nor should it be, considered a substitute for professional medical advice, suggestions, diagnosis, or treatment of any kind. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this website is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgement. You assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions.