Energetic Alignment: Abundance/Money, Love, Healing/Longevity, Insight & Wisdom
Comfort your spirit with this warming, indulgent sweet tea. With clarifying rosemary, loving rose, manifestive vanilla, wise and magical apple, and grounding harvest bourbon, this tea will help provide insight and ground your energy, while also catering to those Venusian Taurus energies. This is the perfect libation for those looking to rest, do some selfcare, and insight work on this magical lunar night, while still bringing in the stability and abundant energies Taurus has to offer. You can also craft a rosemary and rose bath to correspond and magnify whatever intentions you set with this libation.
You can check out more cocktails for the Taurus moon in my Taurus Moon Mixology blog.
For Simple Sipping: Cocktail making can be easy! Just swap ingredients or remove as you see fit. Use the material here & the ingredient reference list towards the bottom to help guide you in your own unique concoction, and get creative in swapping ingredients you may not have.
- Vanilla Simple Syrup: Vanilla simple syrup, is simply simple syrup (1:1 water to sugar) infused with vanilla bean or extract. I have the recipe I use in my book, but you can find others online. Don’t let the word syrup daunt you! It is relatively quick and easy to make, just warm the water, pour it over a small amount of vanilla bean and let it steep like a tea, then add an equal amount of sugar. Additionally, you can use or reference the syrup I use in the libra new moon cocktail and mocktail.
- Apple Brandy: Don’t have apple brandy? No worries! You can use sour apple schnapps if you happen to have that from making The Witch’s Wand, or even just forego the apple brandy, add fresh apple pieces, and do an entire 1.5 ounces of bourbon instead of just 3/4 ounces.
- Dried Rose: if you don’t have dried rose petals, you can try using a pre-made rose tea, or perhaps even a splash of food grade rosewater.
- Optional Additions:
- I haven’t tried it, but blackberries, either fresh, as dried, or as liqueur are also an aligned ingredient here for this lunar magic, and I imagine would be a particularly delicious add here.
- Cinnamon would compliment the flavor, as well as add more love/lust, powerful manifestation and spiritual energies.
Taurus Tea Time
- Set water to boil. Place rosemary, dried rose petals, and vanilla simple in mug. Add in hot water, and let it steep for a few minutes. You should get a lovely red/pink hue. Add in lemon, bourbon and brandy. Adorn with rosemary sprig. You may wish to strain the rose petals out, of you can keep them in and use then for a little tea-leaf reading.
Taurus Tea Time Mocktail
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tbsp dried rose petals
- 1 ounce vanilla simple
- 4 ounces hot water
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2.25 ounces apple juice
- Set water to boil. You can also warm the apple juice, if you want a super hot cider tea. Place rosemary, dried rose petals, and vanilla simple in mug. Add in hot water, and let it steep for a few minutes. You should get a lovely red/pink hue. Add in lemon and apple juice. Adorn with rosemary sprig. You may wish to strain the rose petals out, of you can keep them in and use then for a little tea-leaf reading.
You can check out a whiskey sour version of this cocktail over at the Taurus moon Whiskey Sour blog.
To take turn this libation into a full-on inspired ritual, you can use rose and rosemary to also craft a magical bath. You can also use the rose petals left in the glass for tea reading. Or, you can use the ingredients here to inspire from aligned sugar/honey jar spell magic and anoint a candle with corresponding ingredients.
Magical correspondences of ingredients, as they align to this lunar occasion!
Apple (Venus, Water) – Love, Healing, Longevity, Fertility, Wisdom, Magic
Bourbon – Grounding/Centering, Karmic Patterns, Ancestry, Harvest, Protection, Abundance, Life/Rebirth Cycles
Brandy (Distilled from Grapes): Grape (Moon, Water) – Fertility, Garden Magic, Mental Powers, Money
Elder (Venus, Mercury) – Purification, Protection, Healing, Prosperity, Sleep
Ginger (Mars, Fire) – Love, Money, Success, Power
Rosemary (Sun, Fire, Mercury, Moon) – Protection, Love/Lust, Mental Powers, Purification, Healing, Sleep/Peace
Rose (Venus, Water) – Love, Psychic Powers, Healing, Love, Divination, Luck, Protection
Vanilla (Venus, Water) – Love, Sexuality, Energy, Mind, Peace, Money
Here are the resources I used to help guide my work beyond what I already know! I highly recommend these reference tests 🙂
Disclaimer: In order to support in my work bringing you this information each week, on occasion I may earn a small commission from endorsements, recommendations, or links to any products from this website. These are links to actual products and resources I use and suggest.
- Boland, Yasmin. Moonology: Working with the Magic of Lunar Cycles. Hay House, 2016.
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen. Llewellyn Publications, 1990.
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Llewellyn Publications, 1985.
- Kynes, Sandra. Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences: A Comprehensive Cross-Referenced Resource for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn, 2013.
- Kynes, Sandra. Plant Magic: A Year of Green Wisdom for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn Publications, 2017.
- Morrison, Dorothy. Everyday Moon Magic: Spells & Rituals for Abundant Living. Llewellyn Publications, 2009.
Disclaimer: The content on this website is intended for fun and informational purposes only. It is not intended as, nor should it be, considered a substitute for professional medical advice, suggestions, diagnosis, or treatment of any kind. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this website is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgement. You assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions.