Gemini & Gin
Inspired by the Gemini Moon, this cocktail & mocktail duo combines the power of seasonal pomegranate, mint, orange, and lemon for beverage that will revitalize your mind with fresh ideas.
Disclaimer: Hey lovely! I wanted to let you know that my site contains some affiliate links, to help support the content I provide here. But the compensation received does not and will never influence the content, topics, or posts & it’s authenticity. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to send me a message!
Energetic Inspiration: Creativity, Ideas/The Mind, Protection, Luck/love, Inspiration, Energy, Excitement
Imbibe inspiration like a witty Gemini with this tangy, energizing Gemini Lunar Libation. Inspired by the Gemini Moon, this beverage is packed with zesty ingredients like pomegranate, mint, and orange, to let the creativity and excitement pour in. A sign of intellect and information, communication, with a dash of mischievous playfulness, the energy of the moon in Gemini can be a powerful usher for gathering information, inspiration for writing and other creative endeavors, inventiveness, and recognition. Whether looking to sip in the lingering energies of Gemini Lunar eclipse (that can last up to 6 months), or to get some inspiration with your creative endeavors, this pomegranate and mint gimlet variation will have your tongue tantalized with ideas!
Psst… Interested in a holiday cocktail & appetizer class? Join me and my friend Chef Ronny Miranda for our Saturnalia Holiday happy hour Wednesday 12/9 at 5:30 pm PST via ChefsFeed Livesteam.
With seasonal pomegranate and orange to inspire creativity, mint to stimulate the mind, lemon for joy, bergamot and gin (juniper) to ground and clarify the energies, this is a concoction that will help invoke Gemini innovation and excitement, while also offering a bit of grounding.
For Simple Sipping: Cocktail making can be easy! Just swap ingredients or remove as you see fit. Use the material here & the ingredient reference list towards the bottom to help guide you in your own unique concoction, and get creative in swapping ingredients you may not have.
Gemini & Gin
- 10-15 seeds fresh pomegranate
- 7-10 leaves mint depending on the size
- 3/4 ounce earl grey simple syrup (1:1 ratio sugar to hot water + earl grey tea – see instructions below. Or just do plain simple syrup)
- 1 ounce lemon
- 1.5 ounces gin
- 1/4-1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- In a cocktail shaker, place pomegranate seeds, mint and earl grey simple. Muddle the mint and pomegranate, so that it is properly expressed and mixed with the other ingredients and turns the mixture a tantaling red. Then pour in lemon, gin, orange liqueur, add ice. Shake the concoction, visualzing the magic of the pomegranate seeds stirring and awakening in the shaker. Strain into a coupe glass and adron with an orange twist and mint sprig.
Gemini & (No) Gin
Looking for a non-alcoholic version, to usher in a wealth of ideas and inspiration? No worries, I’ve got you covered! With the zesty flavors of pomegranate, lemon, orange, and mint, this mocktail is an exciting beverage to serve the non-alcoholic drinker or little witchling.
Gemini & (No) Gin
- 10-15 seeds fresh pomegranate add more depending on the desired tangy-ness
- 7-10 leaves mint this will depend on the size
- 1 ounce earl grey simple syrup (1:1 ratio of sugar to hot water + earl grey tea bag)
- 1.5 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1-1.5 ounces soda water
- In glass, muddle pomegranate seeds and mint in the earl grey simple. Notice the energizing pomegranate mix with the mint and earl grey, turning the elixir red. Add lemon, fill the glass with ice, and then top with soda.
Did you know that pomegranate, besides being a wonderful seasonal ingredient, is sometimes used to replace blood or as an ink in witchcraft? Work with any extra pomegranate seeds as such on your petition paper for any extra creative inspiration magic. Additionally, you can use the leftover seeds in your drink for divination.
Magical correspondences of ingredients, as they align to this lunar energy.
Bergamot (Mercury, Moon, Air) – Money, Clarity
Juniper (Sun, Fire, Earth, Water, Mars, Mercury, Moon) – Protection, Purification, Grounding, Psychic Abilities, Healing, Love
Lemon (Moon, Water) – Longevity, Purification, Love, Friendship, Joy
Mint (Peppermint: Mercury, Spearmint: Venus) – Mental Abilities, Abundance, Divination, Psychic, Love, Protection, Calming
Orange (Sun, Fire) – Love, Divination, Luck, Money, Beauty, Purification, Creativity/Inspiration
Pomegranate (Mercury, Fire) – Divination, Luck & Wishes, Wealth/Abundance, Fertility/Life Cycles, Youth, Protection, Creativity
Here are the resources I used to help guide my work beyond what I already know! I highly recommend these reference tests 🙂
Disclaimer: In order to support in my work bringing you this information each week, on occasion I may earn a small commission from endorsements, recommendations, or links to any products from this website. These are links to actual products and resources I use and suggest.
- Boland, Yasmin. Moonology: Working with the Magic of Lunar Cycles. Hay House, 2016.
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen. Llewellyn Publications, 1990.
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Llewellyn Publications, 1985.
- Kynes, Sandra. Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences: A Comprehensive Cross-Referenced Resource for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn, 2013.
- McCarthy, Juliana, and Alejandro Cardenas. The Stars within You: a Modern Guide to Astrology. Roost Books, 2018.
- Morrison, Dorothy. Everyday Moon Magic: Spells & Rituals for Abundant Living. Llewellyn Publications, 2004.
Disclaimer: The content on this website is intended for fun and informational purposes only. It is not intended as, nor should it be, considered a substitute for professional medical advice, suggestions, diagnosis, or treatment of any kind. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this website is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgement. You assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions.