Energetic Alignment: Purification, Revitalization, Positivity, Love, Lust
Celebrate the turning of the season and the rebirth of the sunlight with this candied orange concoction. Inspired by non-other than the traditional candied orange peel, and with other seasonal flavors like cranberry and rosemary, this sweet yet tart and slightly bitter concoction is an easy way to invoke purification, positivity, and action as the sunlight is once again reborn. Delicious in mocktail (nonalcoholic) or cocktail form, this beverage invokes the purification of rosemary, the action and creativity of orange and cranberry, and the joy of lemon. Imbibe to purify away the energetic cobwebs of winter and renew a sense of optimism and love in your life, or to help inspire positivity and action as you think about your plans for the new year and the growing of the sunlight. To drink as mocktail, simply omit the alcohol!
Candied Orange Concoction
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/4-1/2 ounce simple syrup (preferably rosemary simple syrup – see note below)
- 1/2 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4-1 ounce cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur (forego if you are drinking non-alcoholic version)
- 1 ounce vodka (forego if you are drinking non-alcoholic version)
- 1 ounce sodawater (optional but recommended)
- Place rosemary and syrup into highball glass. Muddle together, allowing rosemary to express its oils into the syrup (if you aren’t using a rosemary simple syrup, that is). Add in orange juice, lemon and cranberry juice. Add ice, then pour in vodka, orange liqueur, and soda water if desired. Additionally, you can save the cranberry juice for last, to have a color effect with red at the top and yellow at the bottom, until you stir together before sipping. Garnish with rosemary, perhaps candied cranberry and orange.
Magical correspondences of ingredients, as they align to this solstice energy.
Cranberry (Mars, Water) – Protection, Positivity, Goals, Revitalizing
Lemon (Moon, Water) – Longevity, Purification, Love, Friendship, Joy
Orange (Sun, Fire) – Divination, Luck, positivity, Purification, creativity
Rosemary (Sun, Mercury, Moon) – Protection, Love, Lust, Mental Powers, Purification, Healing, Sleep, Youth
Here are the resources I used to help guide my work beyond what I already know! I highly recommend these reference tests 🙂
Disclaimer: In order to support in my work bringing you this information each week, on occasion I may earn a small commission from endorsements, recommendations, or links to any products from this website. These are links to actual products and resources I use and suggest.
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen. Llewellyn Publications, 1990.
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Llewellyn Publications, 1985.
- Kynes, Sandra. Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences: A Comprehensive Cross-Referenced Resource for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn, 2013.
Disclaimer: The content on this website is intended for fun and informational purposes only. It is not intended as, nor should it be, considered a substitute for professional medical advice, suggestions, diagnosis, or treatment of any kind. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this website is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgement. You assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions.