Ground and utilize the eclipse energies with this sun & moon sagittarius eclipse whiskey sour. Eclipses are powerful and potent times of solar and lunar alignment, and with whiskey, allspice, and ginger, this cocktail will help you ground that energy and utilize that energy for good.
Energetic Alignment: Grounding, Motivation, Spiritual Rebirth, Cleansing, Wisdom
With cleansing herbs, rejuvenating spices, grounding ingredients, and the magic of egg, this Sagittarius Sun & Moon Eclipse-inspired whiskey sour is aligned to help you align yourself to this new frequency. This balanced, cleansing, soothing, yet energizing concoction is packed with magical potential to call down the energy of the eclipse in a grounded and powerful way. Sip this Sagittarius Sour under the eclipse, anytime you want to reinvigorate this energy, or as you journal and ponder your personal truth.
Sagittarius Whiskey Sour
- 1 slice ginger
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground clove
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/2-3/4 ounce honey syrup (1:1 honey to hot water)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 1.25 ounces bourbon
- 1/4 ounce allspice dram/liqueur (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, place ginger, nutmeg, clove, rosemary, and honey simple syrup. Muddle the ginger well with the other ingredients, so that it is broken down a bit and will better infuse its flavor. Add in lemon juice, egg white, bourbon, and optional allspice. Do NOT add ice – simply shake these ingredients together well for a few moments. Then, re-open your cocktail shaker, and add ice to shake a second time around. Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a rosemary sprig.
Magical correspondences of ingredients, as they align to this lunar energy.
- Allspice (Mars, Jupiter, Earth, Fire) – Money, Luck, Healing
- Egg: Protection, Rebirth/New Life, Cleansing, Abundance, Healing, Divination
- Clove (Jupiter, Sun, Sag) – Comfort, Cleansing, Love/Sex, Money/Riches, Protection, Vibration Raising, Spirituality, Stop Gossip
- Ginger (Mars, Sag, Fire) – Love, Money, Success, Power
- Honey (Sun) – Purification, Health, Love, Sex, Happiness, Spirituality, Wisdom, Weight Loss
- Lemon (Moon, Water) – Longevity, Purification, Love, Friendship, Joy
- Nutmeg (Jupiter, Sag, Moon) – Luck, Money, Health, Fidelity
- Oak (which Bourbon is aged in) (Sun, Sag) – Protection, Health, Money, Healing, Potency, Fertility, Luck
- Rosemary (Sun, Mercury, Moon, Sag) – Protection, Love, Lust, Mental Powers, Purification, Healing, Sleep, Youth
Here are the resources I used to help guide my work beyond what I already know! I highly recommend these reference tests 🙂
Disclaimer: In order to support in my work bringing you this information each week, on occasion I may earn a small commission from endorsements, recommendations, or links to any products from this website. These are links to actual products and resources I use and suggest.
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen. Llewellyn Publications, 1990.
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Llewellyn Publications, 1985.
- Kynes, Sandra. Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences: A Comprehensive Cross-Referenced Resource for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn, 2013.
Disclaimer: The content on this website is intended for fun and informational purposes only. It is not intended as, nor should it be, considered a substitute for professional medical advice, suggestions, diagnosis, or treatment of any kind. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this website is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgement. You assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions.