Energies: Beauty, Love, Youth, Joy, Peace
April showers bring may flowers, and with the bounty of the garden, why not enjoy all that is blossoming in a glass? A rose liqueur and vodka cocktail, with the addition of cucumbers, basil, and honey for extra beauty, youth, and peaceful energies, this floral, light and crisp concoction is an elegant addition to your spring and Beltane cocktail lineup.
For this cocktail, I use Ving Vodka’s Organic Kale, Lemon, and Cucumber vodka. Beyond the fact this woman-owned company is extremely transparent about their ingredients, the fresh and crisp quality of this vodka makes it taste like a drink all on its own! It’s definitely going to be my go-to from vodka spritzers this summer.
I also highly recommend you take a look at the nonalcoholic variation of this concoction – it’s like an entirely different drink of its own!
The Enchanted Garden
- 2 thin slices cucumber
- 2 leaves basil
- 1/2 ounce honey syrup (1:1 ratio honey to water)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/4-1/3 ounce rose liqueur
- 1.5 ounces Ving Organic Kale, Lemon & Cucumber Vodka
- In the bottom of a shaker, add cucumber, basil, and honey syrup. Muddle these together, then add in lemon, rose liqueur, vodka, and ice. Shake and strain into a coupe or martini galss. Garnish with a rose petal and cucumber sliver.
Using a rose petal and chamomile ice tea, refreshing apple slice, and soothing vanilla simple syrup, this nonalcoholic variation is almost a completely different expression of the flavors The Enchanted Garden. This drink has many garden-inspired ingredients, so I recommend this for those who don’t mind more herbaceous or layered concoctions.
- 1 tbsp dried rose petals
- 1/8 tbsp dried chamomile
- 1/2-1 cup hot water
- 1 slice red apple
- 2 slices cucumber
- 1/2 ounce vanilla simple syrup (see instructions below if needed)
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Set hot water to boil. Place dried rose petals and chamomile in a jar or mug, and pour boiling water over. Let steep and cool. In the bottom of a tall glass, add apple, cucumber, and vanilla simple syrup. Muddle together, then add ice. Measure out 1.5 ounces of the rose & chamomile tea once cooled, and pour into glass. Add in lemon juice and stir. Garnish with a cucumber sliver!
Apple (Venus, Water) – Love, Healing, Longevity, Fertility, Wisdom, Magic
Basil (Mars, Pluto, Venus, Fire) – Love/Affection, Protection, Divination, Mental Clarity, Decision Making, Banishing Negative Energy
Chamomile – (sun, water Air) – Money, sleep, love, purification, communication
Cucumber (Moon, Water) – Beauty, Peace, Healing, Youth
Honey (Sun) – Purification, Health, Love, Sex, Happiness, Spirituality, Wisdom, Weight Loss
Lemon (Moon, Water) – Creativity, Fidelity, Friendship, Happiness, Joy, Longevity, Love, Purification
Rose (Venus, Water) – Love, Psychic Powers, Healing, Love, Divination, Luck, Protection
Vanilla (Venus, Water) – Love, Sexuality, Energy, Mind, Peace, Money
Here are the resources I used to help guide my work beyond what I already know! I highly recommend these reference tests 🙂
Disclaimer: In order to support in my work bringing you this information each week, on occasion I may earn a small commission from endorsements, recommendations, or links to any products from this website. These are links to actual products and resources I use and suggest.
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen. Llewellyn Publications, 1990.
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Llewellyn Publications, 1985.