Sip in the celestial energies, with this Virgo New Moon Irish mojito, and earl grey-rosemary syrup. Energetically attuned elixirs for grounding, productivity, and clarity.
New Moon in Virgo
Kissing our entrance to fall and the celebration of Mabon, the Virgo new moon on September 17 offers a potent possibilities to restructure and reorganize our lives. A sign of productivity, acuity, and function, Virgo invites us to analyze our lives, and with the moon in this sign, this is a key opportunity for a fresh start with our organization and flow systems! Declutter – physically and emotionally – create daily habits or systems, focus on reorganizing matters of business, finances, habits, and health. Use this new moon as an opportunity to set in place key systems for longterm balance and success in your life.
To heighten and take advantage of these energies, I’ve created some virgo lunar libations & liquids below to enhance your magical workings at this time. Bergamot and rosemary are two clarity and prosperity-associated herbs drawing upon both Virgo and lunar energy. See how I pair these, plus other vibration layers, down below.
Virgo New Moonjito
Energies: Grounding, Clarity, Mental Abilities, Cleansing, Prosperity
A twist on the classic mojito, this Irish lemon mojito is the perfect drink to take advantage of Virgo’s practicality and mental acuity. With the rye whiskey base bringing in the harvest elements of Virgo season and grounding the cocktail, an earl grey-rosemary syrup adding clarity and knowledge, mint enhancing mental acuity and inspiring financial abundance – this concoction is loaded with energies to enhance your new moon working. Whether looking for a fresh start to get organized in life & business, or working to bring in more $$, this concoction is a perfect companion to your Virgo new moon strategy session.
Did you know that you can make most cocktails, non-alcoholic? It can be simple! For a mocktail version of this recipe, just alter the ingredient ratios and remove the alcohol: Mint, 1.75 ounce syrup, 1.5 ounce lemon, 1.75 ounce soda water.
Virgo New Moonjito
- 10 small mint leaves
- 3/4 ounce earl grey-bergamot syrup (see below, or use simple syrup)
- 1/2 ounce lemon
- 1.5 ounce rye whiskey
- 1.75 ounce soda water
- 1 rosemary & mint sprig for garnish
- In the bottom of a glass, add mint leaves and syrup. Muddle the mint leaves, imagining their clarifying energy infusing with the syrup. Add moon-associated rejuvenating lemon, grounding rye whiskey, ice, then soda water. Stir clockwise, envisioning your desired intentions for the Virgo New Moon manifesting into being.
Earl Grey-Rosemary Cocktail Syrup
Energetic Alignment: Mental Clarity, Grounding, Purification, Peace
If you don’t know already, one of my favorite ways to create a simple cocktail syrup is through the use of tea! And lucky for us, both bergamot & rosemary are associated with the moon and the Virgo sign, plus potent potion additions for clarity, grounding, & peace. I’ve combined these two (bergamot through earl grey) for a fast and easy syrup, that you can use for cocktail making, or even add to coffee, tea, or drizzle over dessert! Check out this video on instagram, to see how simple syrup making can be!
Alternatively, you can use the Early Grey Ginger Syrup (one of my personal favorite syrups) from my book WitchCraft Cocktails.
Earl Grey Rosemary Cocktail Syrup
- 1 tea bag Early Grey Tea
- 1-2 sprigs Rosemary
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Set water to boil. In a mason jar, place Early Grey tea bag and rosemary sprig. Pour hot water over ingredients. If you want, you can use the sprig to stir the syrup clockwise, visualizing order and balance coming into your life. Let the mixture steep for five minutes, then stir in sugar. Let cool. Refrigerate and use for up to 3 weeks. Strain before use!
Cocktails & Crystals
I’m a bit biased, but crystals are one of my favorite tools to enhance magical workings and alignment. Here are some crystals and minerals that would be a great addition to your Virgo New Moon workings.
- Citrine (Solar Plexus, Sacral, & Root Chakras) is a go-to for a variety of intentions, all the way from abundance and willpower, to cleansing, positivity, and creativity. In general, this stone helps to transmute energy, and for the Virgo New Moon, this crystal could be a great choice to positively change habits, or to bring in abundance and a change of energy.
- Fluorite – Fluorite is one of my personal favorite stones for knowledge, focusing, and healing. This beauty occurs in a myriad of colors, and helps to clear the mind of debris. In this way, fluorite helps soothes anxiety and worry and allows for focus and productivity. A great choice to staying focused and getting organized under the Virgo New Moon!
- Green Aventurine – Green Aventurine (Heart Chakra) is wonderful stone to use for prosperity, to bring in new opportunities, and also to clear other people’s energy out of your aura and emotional body. It helps one release attachment to outcomes, inviting in optimism and joy, as well as prosperity, good luck, and vitality. I would use this stone to help invite prosperity and wellbeing under the Virgo New Moon.
- Selenite – (Crown Chakra) is wonderful for connecting you to the higher vibrational, angelic realms and to your “higher self.” Known for its cleansing and protective properties, selenite will keep any space, person, or item energetically clean. Selenite will help you declutter energetically, so you can declutter physically, too!
To layer on the energetic & magical frequencies, you can meditate with your given crystal beforehand, keep it on you as make and/or sip the drink, as well as attune the crystal to the drink by visualizing both the drink and crystal resonating together with your intention. (Don’t put your crystal in any of the cocktail components unless you know for sure it is not toxic).
Here are some ingredients & some of their magical associations, as it pertains to the Virgo New Moon.
Bergamot (Mercury, Moon, Virgo) – Money, Clarity
Lemon (Moon) – Longevity, Purification & Cleansing, Love, Friendship
Mint (Mercury, Virgo) – Mental Acuity & Clarity, Abundance, Psychic Abilities, Protection, Peace
Rosemary (Sun, Mercury, Moon) – Protection, Mental Abilities & Knowledge, Purification, Healing, Peace & Sleep, Youth, Love & Lust
Rye Whiskey – Harvest, Grounding, Karmic Cycles, Abundance
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen. Llewellyn Publications, 1990.
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Llewellyn Publications, 1985.
Kynes, Sandra. Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences: A Comprehensive Cross-Referenced Resource for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn, 2013.
Kynes, Sandra. Plant Magic: A Year of Green Wisdom for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn Publications, 2017.
Morrison, Dorothy. Everyday Moon Magic: Spells & Rituals for Abundant Living. Llewellyn Publications, 2009.
Regan, Gary. The Bartender’s Bible: 1001 Mixed Drinks and Everything You Need to Know to Set up Your Bar. HarperCollins, 1991.
Disclosure: In order to support in my work bringing you this information each week, on occasion I may earn a small commission from endorsements, recommendations, or links to any products from this website. These are links to actual products and resources I use and suggest.
Disclaimer: The content on this website is intended for fun and informational purposes only. It is not intended as, nor should it be, considered a substitute for professional medical advice, suggestions, diagnosis, or treatment of any kind. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this website is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgement. You assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions.