Spiced Sagittarius (Hot Toddy)
A hot toddy with spices like clove, nutmeg, and fresh ginger, sweetened with honey, to keep you warm during the Sagittarius New Moon & Solar Eclipse.
- 1 pinch ground clove (can try whole clove as well)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 sprig rosemary (can try dried rosemary as well)
- 1 thing slice fresh ginger
- 1.5 ounces honey syrup (1:1 honey to hot water)
- 4-6 ounces hot water
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- (stop here for a nice non-alcoholic version/tea)
- 1 ounce bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 ounce allspice liqueur (optional)
In a mug, place nutmeg, ginger, clove, rosemary, and honey simple. Muddle the ginger, so that it is broken down. Add 4-6 ounces hot water, and let it steep for at least 5 minutes. Then add lemon, whiskey, and optional all spice liqueur.
If you wish to have allspice in the mix but don't have allspice liqueur, you can add a pinch of ground allspice instead.
1.5 ounce honey syrup may sound like a lot, but remember that this is half water. You can also just use honey instead, and lessen the amount, but since we are using honey syrup for our other cocktails, this makes things less mess (or sticky). To make honey syrup, simply mix equal amount honey to hot water and let cool.