Libra in Love
Ruled by vivacious Venus, Libra is a sign of the arts and romance. A true romantic with a taste for the finer things in life, Libra can invite us to indulge. And since many of us have been inside for much of the last few months, this might just be the perfect time to indulge in some good old-fashioned self care – to refresh your look, enjoy some music, and luxuriate in the little ways you can! But, Libra isn’t just a Venusian sign – as its symbol of the scales might hint, it is a sign of balance. At times, this can mean indecision, but it also makes the Sun in Libra key time to bring balance into your life. How can you be more balanced on a day to day basis? How can you bring more balance into your relationships, and into your self care?
If you’re looking to luxuriate in a little lovely Libra energy, I’ve crafted just the aligned, Libra-associated cocktail and mocktail drink duo! Additionally, you can make The Scales drink from my book WitchCraft Cocktails.
Disclaimer: Hey lovely! I wanted to let you know that my site contains some affiliate links, to help support the content I provide here. But the compensation received does not and will never influence the content, topics, or posts & it’s authenticity. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to send me a message!
Libra in Love
Energetic Alignment: Love, Healing, Attraction, Psychic Abilities, Luxury
Sip like a Libra in Love with this luxurious Bellini-inspired champagne drink. Complimented with Venus-ruled thyme, rose, and apricot, this peach & sparkling white wine cocktail is packed with Libra associations of love, luxury, and healing. Peach, for example, is said to expand ones ability to give and receive love, and is also associated with longevity and wisdom. Apricot is often used for love spells and potions, thyme for cleansing and inspiring two sided love, and similarly solar-associated lime also corresponds to energies of hex-breaking and love. With a floral finish of rose water to top these magical flavors off, this concoction is bubbling with the energies of love, wellbeing, and psychic powers in this Bellini twist.
For Simple Sipping: Cocktail making can be easy! Just swap ingredients or remove as you see fit. Use the material here & the ingredient reference list towards the bottom to help guide you in your own unique concoction, and get creative in swapping ingredients you may not have.
Libra In Love
- 1 sprig thyme
- 3/4 ounce pureed peach
- 1/2 ounce syrup (can be honey syrup (1:1 honey to water), Hibiscus-Rose Syrup from my book, or the Syrup I use in the Libra New Moon blog)
- 1/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 4 dashes rose water
- 1/4 ounce apricot liqueur (optional)
- 2-4 ounces champagne vary amount to taste
- In a mixing glass, lightly muddle thyme in the honey syrup, peach puree, and rose water. As you muddle, focus on your intention for the drink while these powerful ingredient intermingle. Add lime juice and strain into to a champagne flute. Pour in apricot liqueur, then champagne to taste, allowing your eyes to bathe in the lucsicous color of this concoction.You can also try apple liqueur instead of apricot.
With pureed peach, thyme, and fresh lime, this concoction makes a fab mocktail (non-alcoholic cocktail) as well! Read on for an alcohol-free version.
Libra in Love Mocktail
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1/2 ounce syrup (can use honey syrup (1:1 honey to water), the hibiscus-rose syrup from my book, or the syrup from the Libra New Moon blog)
- 3/4 ounce pureed peach
- 1/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1-2 ounces ginger beer or sparkling white grape juice
- In a mixing glass, lightly muddle thyme in your chosen syrup with peach puree, visualzing your intentions for this cocktail, whether it be balance, libra love, or some luxurious energies. Add lime juice and straing into glass of choice over ice. Pour in your preference of either ginger beer or sparkling grape juice to taste. Enjoy!
As a crystal healing practitioner, I can’t help myself when it comes to crystals and working with energy! Here are some crystals/stones I recommend for further utilizing the Libra sun energies described in this blog. To layer on the energetic & magical frequencies, you can meditate with your given crystal, keep it on you as make and/or sip the drink, as well as attune the crystal to the drink by visualizing both the drink and crystal resonating together with your intention, as you hold the crystal against the outside of the glass. (Don’t put your crystal in any of the cocktail components unless you know for sure it is not toxic). Here are their energies and why I suggest them (as it relates to Libra).
- Amethyst is a key libra-associated stone, with its deep purple luxurious hues and calming vibes. Amethyst connects one to the Divine and to spiritual wisdom. It is a great stone for developing intuitive abilities while also providing auric protection. A wonderful stone for stress relief, amethyst helps break addictive patterns and also invites peaceful rest.
- A throat chakra and heart chakra stone, aquamarine is a great stone for communicating our inner most truths, and also for communicating with Spirit. Like the calming, rhythmic waves, aquarmarine promotes calm thoughts and conquering of phobias. It’s also a wonderful stone for intellectual pursuits. If you are looking to use Libra season as a time to reflect to your inner truth and seek balance, Aquamarine can help invite the peace, clarity, and psychic wisdom needed to see ahead.
- Green Aventurine (Heart Chakra) is wonderful stone to use for prosperity, to bring in new opportunities, and also to clear other people’s energy out of your aura and emotional body. It helps one release attachment to outcomes, inviting in optimism and joy, as well as prosperity, good luck, and vitality. This is a great choice for those looking to open their heart chakra for love, positivity, but also abundance under the Libra sun.
- Kunzite (Heart Chakra) is a high vibrational stone that connects the wearer to the unconditional love of the universe. This connection invites a loving, meditation-like state that produces positive, loving thoughts and actions. By inspiring self-acceptance, this stone can help to center the user and support free self-expression and creativity. Kunzite is also a clearing stone for this reason, helping to remove energy blockages.
- Rose Quartz (Heart Chakra) connects you with universal love. This beautiful stone is about loving oneself and recognizing the beauty within and all around. Rose quartz invites peace, comfort, and gratefulness! If looking to use Libra season as a time to reconnect to some self-love, Rose Quartz is an excellent choice!
- Pink Opal (Heart Chakra) aids in self acceptance and love. It is particularly powerful in breaking energetic patterns, and releasing them to allow more joy into your life. If you feel like you’ve been repeating patterns, especially in your love life, pink opal will aid you in transmuting and overcoming them!
Additionally, Lapis Lazuli and Jade are wonderful choices for this time. But I will be covering those in the Libra New Moon blog!
Feeling inspired? Be sure to share with me on instagram what you end up making for this lovely Libra energy.
Magical correspondences of ingredients, as they align to this solar sign!
Apricot (Venus, Water) – Love, Attraction, Gaining Favor
Grape (Moon, Water) – Fertility, Garden Magic, Mental Powers, Money
Lime (Sun, Fire) – Healing, Love, Protection, Hex-Breaking
Peach (Venus, Water) – Love, Health, Happiness, Wisdom, Purification, Fertility
Rose (Venus, Water) – Love, Psychic Powers, Healing, Love, Divination, Luck, Protection
Thyme (Venus, Water) – Love, Psychic Awareness, Purification, Healing, Health, Courage, Sleep
Here are the resources I used to help guide my work beyond what I already know! I highly recommend these reference tests 🙂
Disclaimer: In order to support in my work bringing you this information each week, on occasion I may earn a small commission from endorsements, recommendations, or links to any products from this website. These are links to actual products and resources I use and suggest.
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen. Llewellyn Publications, 1990.
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Llewellyn Publications, 1985.
- Hall, Judy. The Crystal Zodiac: Use Birthstones to Enhance Your Life. Godsfield Press, 2017.
- Kynes, Sandra. Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences: A Comprehensive Cross-Referenced Resource for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn, 2013.
- Kynes, Sandra. Plant Magic: A Year of Green Wisdom for Pagans & Wiccans. Llewellyn Publications, 2017.
- Morrison, Dorothy. Everyday Sun Magic: Spells & Rituals for Radiant Living. Llewellyn, 2005.
- Regan, Gary. The Bartender’s Bible: 1001 Mixed Drinks and Everything You Need to Know to Set up Your Bar. HarperCollins, 1991.
- Sheppard, Susan. Black Moon Astrology Cards. Llewellyn Worldwide Ltd, 2018.
Disclaimer: The content on this website is intended for fun and informational purposes only. It is not intended as, nor should it be, considered a substitute for professional medical advice, suggestions, diagnosis, or treatment of any kind. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this website is to be used at your own risk based on your own judgement. You assume full responsibility and liability for your own actions.